|Record #: GBA0819||Last Modified: 01 Apr 2020||Last Full Update: 21 Dec 2018|
|Description (Service)||COVID19 All Huron County Library branch locations are closed and all programs, events, activities at all Huron County Library locations are CANCELED until further notice.
• Due dates have been extended and patrons will not accumulate fines during this time.
• Current library holds will not expire
• Interlibrary Loan services are suspended.
• Book drops are now closed
• And branch phone lines are not being monitored at this time.
We encourage patrons to utilize our online resources during this time. Online card registration is available on the our website.
Should you require assistance, please contact Library Administration either by phone at 519-482-5457, and leave a message or EMAIL.
Provides residents/taxpayers with:
* library materials, information and related programs and services
* reference service
* comprehensive information provided to the public upon request
* Internet access and computer workstations
* wireless (wi-fi) Internet
* children's services
* circulation of a wide variety of reading materials
* mp3 audiobooks, audiobooks on CD and music CDs
* DVDs, Blu-ray
* large print books * talking books, DAISY readers and DAISY discs
* interlibrary loans
* local history and genealogical materials
* collection also includes family literacy kits, STEAM kits, Object Library and lending Internet Hubs
* free passes for the Huron County Museum
|Hours||Tue 10 am-12 noon, 1 pm-5 pm * Thu 1 pm-5 pm, 6 pm-8 pm * Sat 9 am-12 noon|
|Areas Served||Huron County|
|Eligibility||Library cards are free to all residents of Huron County. A resident is defined as someone who rents or owns property in Huron County.|
|Application||New members can apply for a library card at any branch of the Huron County Library * must show identification with current address
The Huron County Library has reciprocal borrowing privileges with Bruce County, Middlesex County, Wellington County, Lambton County Libraries, the Perth County Information Network (excluding Perth South), Stratford Public Library, and Waterloo Regional Library. To obtain a membership in a neighbouring library system, the applicant must hold a valid library card from the municipality in which s/he resides.
Perth South is a contract municipality with Huron County Library. Perth South has no library, but pays for its residents to have borrowing privileges from the Huron County Library.
|Fees||Library cards are free to all residents of Huron County * Annual non-resident membership fee of $70.00 per household is charged to outside user areas * Replacement for lost card $2.00. Damaged or worn-out cards are replaced free of charge.
Loan Periods and Fines
Most materials may be borrowed for three weeks, and may be renewed two times. Fines (or extended use fees) are 25 cents per item per day for most materials.y.
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||South Huron|
|Address & Map||
Kirkton-Woodham Community Centre
70497 Perth Rd 164, R.R. #1
Kirkton, ON N0K 1K0
View Google Map
|Intersection||164 Rd (Hwy 23) and Kirkton Rd (Rd 6)|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Huron-County-Library/140245532675990